Terms and Conditions for Lochanview
Important information about your self catering holiday at Lochanview Log Cabins, a woodland setting surrounded by large trees.
This location is NOT for guests who want to party but is perfect for guests wanting a quiet get away from it all break. Please note No Hot Tubs from 2018 onwards
No Stag or Hen parties or large party groups. Two couples maximum. Please note the owner reserves the right to carry out a spot check at any time day or night. Over occupancy / Party you will be asked to leave there and then
The hirer warrants that the properties let are to be used for the purposes of a holiday let and so accepts that the letting is a holiday let to which Section 12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the housing (Scotland) act 1988 apply and confers on the hirer the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only.
- A non refundable deposit of 25% of the total holiday cost must be received along with £100 security bond (in case of breakages, damage or extra cleaning required to the Log Cabin or Hot Tub) with the booking form to secure your holiday. The security bond will be banked
- Refund of the housekeeping bond will be returned by internet banking faster payment,cheque or on the card initially presented for payment of the deposit / bond.
- A booking form which you can download can be found at the bottom of the tariff page. Please include name and address of all guests.
- You can pay your 25% deposit and £100 security bond online.You will receive confirmation from Lochanview within a few days of booking.If for some reason you do not receive confirmation from Lochanview please let me know.
- Balance to be paid by card, cheque or internet payment 4 weeks before your holiday (no reminder will be sent)
- Name and address of all guests in your party must be received by me when booking (booked online, email me this info)
- By booking Lochanview you are agreeing to accept Lochanview Terms and Conditions
- Lochanview reserve the right to Abort / not Accept or cancel a booking at their own discretion
- A cancellation must be advised in writing,the deposit WILL NOT be refunded and is not transferable to other dates. The good housekeeping bond will be refunded.
- The balance of the rental must be paid four weeks before the holiday. Failure to pay the balance four weeks before the holiday we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
- Failure to pay balance four weeks before holiday start date or with no correspondence from the hirer will result in deposits / bonds being kept as a cancellation letter has not been received.
- Once the full balance of the holiday has been paid if a cancellation is received from the hirer the £100 bond will be returned I will try to rebook your dates and if successful I will refund the balance but not the deposit
- You can take out holiday insurance to cover any loss you may incur.
- UK Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- Occupancy of the log cabin commences at 4:00pm on the first day of the letting period and is to be vacated by 10:00am prompt on the morning of your departure.
- The hirer binds and obliges himself to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire (10am) The right is reserved to charge for an extra day if the hirer has not left by 10am.
- Couples / families only. No party groups accepted
- No over occupancy Max 6 people Lochanview Lodge. Max 6 Lochanview Log Cabin.
- Minimum stay two nights. except bank Holidays, Easter, Christmas, New year when min Stay is 3 nights
- Dogs must be house trained, and not left alone in the log cabin or garden and should be kept out of bedrooms, and be kept off the soft furnishings / beds — they must bring their own beds. For the convenience of other visitors and children, owners must pick up and dispose of any dirt made by their dog.
- Log cabins must be left secure when unoccupied during the period of let.
- The owners reserve the right of access to the log cabin at any reasonable time to carry out repairs or any general maintenance required.
- Our gardeners may be on site between the hours of 8am and 5pm
- The Hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and its entire contents during the hire period. The hirer will make good any loss,damage which occurs during their stay and any replacement cost of any such loss or damage.If damages are more than the £100 bond an invoice will be issued to the hirer who will be liable to pay this invoice within 30 days.
- Defective equipment must be reported on arrival.
- Wifi – Lochanview management will not be responsible if the network fails or signal strength drops as this is out of our control
- Mobile phone reception is very weak at best and sometimes not there at all
- The Hirer is responsible for leaving the Log Cabins as they found it on their arrival in a clean and tidy condition.(Any extra cleaning of cabins will result in the extra cleaning costs being taken from the £100 security bond).
- We operate a strictly No Smoking policy in the lodge or on the decking surrounding the lodge
- As we are a registered caravan park no noise or inappropriate behavior from the cabins at any time during your stay but in respect for the adjoining neighbors especially at night (AFTER 9 PM)
- In the event of a disturbance or inappropriate behavior from the Cabins will result in the neighbors from adjoining properties informing the police.
- In the event of a problem arising, the owner has the right to ask the hirer and his guests to leave.
- Lochanview management will not be responsible for property left behind. Items will be returned on receipt of prepaid package.
- Items left behind will be disposed of after a month from departure date.
- Lochanview reserve the right to refuse /abort or cancel bookings at their own discretion or if for any reason they think T&C are not being adhered to
- This Location is NOT suitable for groups who want to party.
- PLEASE NOTE NO HOT TUBS from 2018
Extraordinary Circumstances / Force Majeure
- If for some reason or circumstance out-with our control the Log Cabins cannot be let on the day of Guests’ arrival, we will endeavor to arrange alternative accommodation of an equivalent standard but this may not be possible.
- Guests should take out their own holiday insurance to cover this eventuality
Insurances / Liability
The Hirer undertakes to relieve the owner or employees from any liability for loss, damage, injury or death however caused, during the stay at the log cabins
The Owner,his agents or employees, accept no responsibility for loss.damage to the hirer or any member of the hirer’s party for any vehicles or property belonging to party
No liability is accepted for any loss, damage, sickness, death or injury howsoever caused which may be sustained during the holiday to the hirer or any member of the hirer’s party or any person invited by the hirer or his party for any vehicle and its contents, or any personal possessions.
We cannot be held responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of our site.
We cannot accept any liability for compensation where performance to contractual obligations is prevented or affected out side our control. Weather conditions, acts of God, explosions, tempest, fire or accident, war or threat of war changing restrictions and regulations of any kind on the part of the government or local authorities, strike or other industrial action or dispute.
We cannot accept responsibility for the failure of public services such as gas, water, electricity, sewerage systems , breakdown of domestic equipment and breakdown of mechanical equipment. But will endeavour to arrange prompt repairs.
We do not provide insurance against this or any other loss or injury while you are on holiday.You should seek to obtain your own holiday insurance for your stay.
We make every effort to ensure the information on the website and our brochures are accurate, but we reserve the right to make changes and we accept no liability for inaccuracies
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts